I am available for speaking on a variety of topics. I have presented to the Durham-Orange County Dental Society, the Wake County Bar Association, and students from law schools across North Carolina, among others. I have presented on topics such as:
- Self-compassion. Being kind to yourself will help you to succeed far more than judging yourself.
- Developing a Life Worth Living. The urgent matters in our lives may not be very satisfying. How do you build a life around what is important rather than what is urgent?
- Clear Communication. There are many factors that can interfere with clear communication with others. What skills can you use to make sure that your message still gets through?
- Engaging with Life. Anxiety often leads to procrastination or outright avoidance, which then means that we can miss out on meaningful experiences. How can you teach yourself to engage with life when you want to avoid it?
- Mindfulness. More and more research is demonstrating how helpful it is to practice a mindful approach to life, learning to observe your experience without getting caught up in it or reacting thoughtlessly. What does this research show, and how can you practice greater mindfulness?
- Managing Difficult People. Everyone comes into contact with people that are difficult to interact with. How can you mange your interactions with them so that they go as smoothly as possible?
If you would like me to present to your group on any of these topics, or if you would like to request a topic, please contact me! I look forward to hearing from you!